Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

My fiancee and I had a lovely New Year's Eve at home with my six year old. We bought some King Crab Legs and tri-color potatoes. My six year old had a great time cracking open the legs and kept apologizing to the crab, saying things, "Oh, poor Mr. Crab, I am so sorry to have eat you but you taste really good." I gave him a corn on the cob holder to use as a pick-he can really clean 'em out!

The potatoes were a perfect match-roasted with a little thyme, olive oil, s&p-YUM! I made a delicious sauce of butter, shallots, thyme, white wine, and lemon juice to pour over the crab legs once they were done-scrumptious.

The rest of the evening we played Upwords, washed dishes, danced in the kitchen, and watched some of Hang Em High with Clint Eastwood. At midnight we went outside and let off some fireworks. The whole neighborhood sounded like they were doing the same thing. Noisy and fun and such a celebration.

Here's to a New Year!

2 comments:

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Rah! A New Year! Sounds like great fun!

Mnmom said...

We ate tons, and played Scattergories. Good times.