Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration 2008 Parade According to a 7 Year Old

This was drawn in a span of about 10 minutes...captions follow picture.


I didn't see Herky the Hawk-but my son drew him into his parade. Once an Iowan-always an Iowan.

Here we have the float from the state of Illinois-Abe in his tall hat and the Sears Tower marked with an "S"

This is the George Washington University Float - you do recognize the GW mascot, don't you?

Here it is in full length...he was very interested in using lots of color. All of the dots represent the bands and the rectangles with a dot on each side are the banners of course.

I think I will frame this for my office. Such a great memory.

6 comments:

Mnmom said...

That is Fabulous! And exactly what it looked like. Tell my nephew he captured the moment exactly.

Missy said...

PERFECT! I love it! I could not have drawn it better myself! Really! Have you seen my drawing blog?

michaelg said...

That Rex is something.

Cheesecake Maven said...

That is one of the best, most colorful parade pictures I have ever seen! FUN!!! Man that makes me miss my little boys, good memories!

Cheesecake Maven said...

Inauguration 2009 by the way :)

MommyLisa said...

Excellent. You have to keep it somehow...get it put on that board stuff that keeps it from tearing.