Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And so it begins...

How wonderful to wake up this morning in a country filled with hope again. Maybe it is just me, my there seems to have been a collective sigh of relief yesterday.

I watched and watched and cried and laughed and danced all day. When the Obamas stepped out of the limo during the parade, I held my breath and prayed that nobody would harm them. I watched the parade-yes the whole thing. LOVE CSPAN-no commentary and so candid and no commercials. My 7 yr old watched it with me and then drew a great parade picture. It looked very much like his Star Wars battle drawings. I will try to scan it and post soon.

So, what are we going to do next? I for one am looking into the possibility of getting on my neighborhood association board. It is an elected post. I have never seen anything in the mail from the assc. and for the amount of dues that are paid yearly, this neighborhood should be AWESOME. I am curious to know what we DO get for the money ...I will then be better able to talk with my neighbors about change. I will let you know how things are progressing.

5 comments:

Mnmom said...

You go girl!
I ran home from work and watched 7/8ths of the parade on CSPAN. I also love CSPAN - just coverage, no comments. I was wondering if the Obamas will have nightmares about being trampled to death by marching bands. Lord, that was a lot of Sousa!! And he turned his back completely during the entire passing of the Fergus Falls, MN band - while they SANG "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy".

I loved the LGBT band! I thought the Magnolia dresses following were more of the gay band, but I was sadly wrong.

Little Sister said...

ME TOO on all of it...funny it is like you are in my head-we are sisters.

Missy said...

I LOVE Sousa! And Copeland! What a day!

I would love to see that parade drawing as I missed most of the parade.

Mnmom said...

Missy - I'm beginning to think you are another sister!

Mnmom said...

Missy - I'm beginning to think you are another sister!