Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring is Coming!

You know that smell of Spring? Well, even though it is still cold out-I swear I smelled Spring in the air today. Spring in my step-indeed! I breathed it in with every breath as I walked through the woods. The river was rippling a little louder, too-begging for canoes and kayaks.

I had said on my facebook post that one of my chickens had hopped out of the coop and yesterday when I got home, ALL OF THE CHICKENS were out and wandering about in driveway. Like them, I cannot wait for the snow to be gone. I am also looking so forward to lighting the fire rings and having a WELCOME SPRING party. Music, wine, good food, hot fires, mmmmm.

Keeping me busy this weekend:
Planning the vegetable garden-LOVE that Seed Savers Exchange is just north of town!
"Lessons from Cancer College" A play written by my friend Prof. Nancy Barry about her year of chemo and cancer and teaching. Being performed by Kristin Underwood at ArtHaus in Decorah.
Dinner with friends on Saturday night.

Yeahhhh....let the weekend begin!

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to just hanging around home, thinking about the veg garden, a friend's 50th birthday party Saturday, maybe making a batch of cookies. And of course more Olympics.

I can smell the earth every now and then here. And today I heard some happy birds. Another good sign.