Thursday, February 11, 2010

For the Madame of Funny Leather Shorts


I read a post on FB from a fellow blogger about how nobody seems to be updating their blogs anymore. Well, I thought about this and decided she was right. I am going to make every effort to keep my blog current.

For starters, let me tell you that my "Farmville" (read a few chickens and the wild birds)have been keeping me quite busy these days. I am currently getting three eggs every 30 hours-give or take. Two are greenish/blue and one brown. They are tasty, but I am looking forward to Spring when the hens will be free-ranging and their diet will become more diverse. As for the wild birds, they have gone through 50 lbs of feed in a little over 2 weeks. I am getting a wide variety-as the seed bag promised. To name a few; house and gold finches, blue jays, cardinals, rose-breasted nuthatch, downy, hairy, and red-bellied woodpeckers, junco, tree sparrow, and of course the chickadee. So much fun.

Speaking of free range, I am having a massage today at my house by a woman who calls her business, "Free Range Massage." Clever, I think. I will let you know just how wonderful it is on my next post.
For now, stay warm and remember that winter will be over, soon.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

Free Range Massage - just what the Dr ordered!!!
Yee Ha to more posts!

Madame Leiderhosen said...

I do not know if I am more envious for the fresh eggs or the massage, but what I am really grateful for is to read about it! And even a photo of a very fetching red chicken.

You spoil me. Thank you, Darling.
Mme.