Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One Good Rant

Okay, winter, enough already! It is suppose to drop to 6 below zero tonight and maybe only get to 19 tomorrow??? I can't take it anymore-I need sunshine and warmth. I am already depressed, lonely, and have nothing coming up to look forward to. My close girlfriend was just diagnosed with breast cancer, the partner I thought was in it with me for the long haul bails and I am just flat out tired of it all.
I am tired of having to be strong. I am tired of being the only parent in my sons life-not to say I don't adore him, but-I am tired of doing the homework, brushing teeth, reading bedtime stories, getting him to bed, getting him up, getting him on the bus, doing the laundry, shoveling the driveway, taking the garbage out, cleaning the house, fixing anything that breaks, grocery shopping, taking the car in for oil changes, making the beds, vacuuming, recycling, feeding the dog, going to work to make ends meet, paying the bills and then starting all over again the next day.
I know, I know, get in line, right?? But dammit, I would just like there to be somebody at the end of day that is there to say, "I love you, honey and you make my world worth living. Let's grow old together, okay?"

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

You don't have to get it in line just yet. You're hurt and grieving and you must give that it's time and it's due.
Of course you're tired - it must be utterly exhausting at times to be the only adult in your household. I know that 95% of the time you do a fabulous job of it, but that doesn't mean the sucky days (or months) don't exist.

I wish I could fix it.