Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Outdoor Fun




A few weeks ago we had received a letter from our neighborhood association stating that we were in violation of association rules due to "trash in the yard." The trash they were referring to was one wooden headboard leaning against our garage. Now, trust me, if you could see some of the trashy yards in our neighborhood you would think that ours was right out of Better Homes and Gardens. I was a little put off by the letter so I painted the headboard and set some pots in front of it-a garden bed. I feel better.

We also stained our deck and added an unusual privacy screen. I will keep you posted if I hear any backlash on our new outdoor space.

The last picture is a chalk drawing I did on earth day...

4 comments:

Kireliols said...

Oh I love the headboard! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE being passively aggressive to ridiculous folk. So satisfying to win. Even if you just get to be quietly smug about it.

The chalk drawing rocks too.

Mnmom said...

Fer Cryin Out Loud!
Wonder what our neighbors think of our piles of scrap lumber???

Missy said...

They called you out on your flower bed?? I like the privacy screen.

lisahgolden said...

I love your style!