Thursday, May 21, 2009

Damn, damn, damn...

This morning I was putting a pork shoulder into the crockpot. I was so glad that I had remembered to take it out of the freezer to "thaw" overnight and had just enough bbq sauce to make it tasty. Well, as I was getting ready to set the roast into the crock, it slipped from my fingers and was frozen enough to BREAK the crock. Yup. The bottom broke into chunks.

I have a second crockpot, but it is not big enough to hold the unbendable semi-frozen lump of pork. I am letting sit in the heat and have the lid propped on top-hoping that as it cooks down, the lid will GENLTY(?) fall into place. I think I may be asking for trouble.

I will let you know if my plan works. Mwahahahaha.

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

Damn and double damn. But now you have an excuse to buy a nice new crock pot!!!