Sunday, April 19, 2009

Aaahhh, Chicago, women friends and MG

Had a wonderful evening with Melinda June, MG, and friends. We met at MG's friend's house where we ordered Thai food. We shared entrees and all were absolutely wonderful. We then proceeded to venture out to North Center to have desserts at an interesting coffee shop. I have not been in a city atmosphere for some time and I had forgotten how much fun the city is.

Spent the night with Melinda June and BH at their lovely abode. I slept well in crisp cotton sheets perfectly complimented with a cotton blanket and feather comforter. Awoke to a nice pot of good smelling jo. Melinda knows how to make you feel so welcomed.

Of course a Sunday morning would not complete without a decent breakfast. We waited 1 and 1/2 hours for a table at Tweet-but oh so worth the wait. DELICIOUS! While we waited we went for a "walk" (read drive) to Metropolis Coffee Company for GOOD coffee drinks. I thought it to be a little silly to drive all that way for coffee-but it was a great cup of coffee-a perfectly made latte. I was so glad to be with other food/coffee snobs.

I am already looking at the calendar to find another day to meet up with Melinda and BH to hit some fun stores-especially the little shoe store in North Center. I must try on the Camper wedge in funky green and white...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love Chicago and try to get there a couple of times a year. Sounds like you had a great time.