Friday, November 21, 2008

How DO You Spell Relief? S-O-L-D



I sold my little house pictured above). I got enough in the sale to cover my mortgages, pay the realtor and then have a bit left over to pay off other debt. I AM SO LUCKY!

It was an emotional sale for me. The house is an 1875 Victorian Cottage in a GREAT neighborhood. It's brick and has a lovely front porch with a swing that glows the most brilliant yellow every fall.

I brought my only child home to this house. It was my sanctuary...my nest of creativity, joy, and relaxation. I will miss it.

I will not miss sitting next to frozen pipes in the winter with a blow dryer in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Nor will I miss the mice that took shelter every fall in my mudroom. I will also not miss my "one butt kitchen."

I close on December 12th...everything is set. I just have to stop holding my breath.

5 comments:

Scott J. said...

Great news!

Mnmom said...

You have no IDEA how lucky you are!! And that kitchen was a 1/2 Jenkins Butt kitchen. I'm so happy for you, but it just makes our situation seem all the more dreary. But I'll latch on to your good luck and kharma and ride the wave, OK?

michaelg said...

Congratulations! I'm going to miss that house too. It was definitely a sanctuary for me too during my visits home. I also miss my dad asking me if I'm "going down to see that Jenkins woman" with a gleam in is eye. He always held out hope.

Melinda June said...

Hooray! I'm glad you're blogging now, and I really will call you once I'm settled. Maybe you can come to dinner in the new place in December?

Little Sister said...

Just got a call and everything is go...
Scott J. -thanks!
MnMom - You are right about the Jenkins' butt.
MG - Oh I am so glad Kenny approved of our friendship. ;)
Melinda June: Would LOVE to have dinner with you sometime. Hope all went well with the move.