Monday, September 6, 2010

College

What in the hell was I thinking!
I am officially a first year student at Luther College and officially old enough to be my classmates' mother and my professors' peer.
I am being challenged-mostly to keep my mouth shut and to LISTEN. I am trying to LEARN...but if you know anything about me (or the family that raised me)...you know that NOT voicing my opinion is like a devout Catholic NOT having a St. Christopher hanging from the rear-view mirror. Almost impossible and downright SACRILEGES!
I have not been challenged in my intellect-sans the NYT crossword-in quite some time and am looking forward to the next four years. I will do my best to keep my blogging up as to my experience. If any of you would like to review my papers, well step right up!!! I am in need of some fresh eyes-THANKS!

3 comments:

Kireliols said...

I may still have my Paideia notes from 1985...

Congratulations and best to you!

oh, and study hard!!

michaelg said...

Don't keep your mouth shut! You're there to stimulate critical thinking in yourself and those around you. Speak up!!

brenda k said...

I'm just damn happy you are blogging about it! Post your most frustrated days here, toots'! And share, what I know will be, so many "aHA" moments"! I will look forward, tho, to hear your frustrations. Like Mike - you are an awesome blogger...keep us posted, Ruthie, because we care and we keep checking back here and adore what you write! You are a Doll!