Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baked Kale

I had forgotten just how delicious baked kale was until tonight. I found some kale at my local grocer...BIG green beautiful leaves. Washed, rinsed, spun in the salad spinner. Remove big veins, "chiffonade" , toss lightly with GOOD olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, spread on sheet pan, then bake at 375 for about 13 minutes or until kale looks "purplish greenish." Cool slightly, place in a linen lined basket. ENJOY! Tastes great on top of roasted vegtables and broiled orange roughy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

4 comments:

michaelg said...

What? Are you a gay man now? What the hell is "chiffonade"? If it means "dice" or "cut in to small pieces", you have gone to the homemaker dark side. Chiffonade my butt.

Little Sister said...

Chiffonade is when you roll the leaves together and slice into ribbons...works great for basil and spinach, too! Yes, I am now a Sith Lord with the homemaker dark side. I even have the cape (apron) to prove it. Oh and a whisksaber.

Mnmom said...

Come over to the dark side Michael, we have cookies! and baked kale!

Cheesecake Maven said...

I love it here on the dark side of the culinary world, chiffonade and all! In fact, I just had cinnamon basil in my vermicelli vinagrette for dinner! mmmmmmmm