Sunday, April 5, 2009

Great Day

This morning my 7 year old made his own cinnamon/sugar toast. He has been getting his own cereal for some time, but toast is new. I got goosebumps watching him carefully spread the butter on the toast.
At first he turned the toaster around and around trying to figure out how in the world to turn it on. When I showed him how to put the bread into the slot and set the timer-he was no longer interested in any help from me.
His toast looked more like a pastry when he was done. It was dripping with butter and had actual clumps of sugar on it. I only smiled and told him how proud he makes me.
I know its just toast, but now I can have a cup of coffee while it is still hot AND read the paper while he makes his own breakfast. GREAT DAY INDEED!

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

YYEEEEEE HAAAAA!
Our youngest can make freakin PANCAKES now!! We've trained them well.

Cheesecake Maven said...

He can make my cinnamon/sugar toast anytime, it sounds wonderful! That's my boy! (He's got Grandpa Tom's genes in him)