Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trust

Being a parent sure does require one to trust, fully. Trust that the neighbor sees your child walking across the sidewalk before backing his car out, trusting that your child is watching for cars as he crosses the street to his stop, trusting that the bus driver will be safe on the road, trusting that his teacher will be kind, trusting that other kids will be nice to him, trusting that he will eat his lunch at school. The list goes on and on...I know he will be fine. Today just happened to be one of those days that I wanted to send him on his way in a giant "safety green" bubble.

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

Some days I want to put them back in my womb.

brenda k said...

When one of my girlfriends was pregnant we were out for lunch and a friend of hers stopped by the table. She said, "I bet you are ready to have that baby be born." And my friend said, "No...no, not really! It so much easier to take care of her with me here..."

Missy said...

Off topic: http://www.nataliedee.com/020409/slow-news-day.jpg