Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Pet Peeve

I have a pet peeve about phones. Seems that answering a phone call is annoying to some people. I hate calling and having the person answering sound as if I have interrupted their time. If you don't want to talk to anyone, then don't answer the phone! Let the answering machine pick it up and listen when you have time. This seems to happening more and more-is it due to the overwhelming number of sales calls? Is it because we have lost our sense of civility and courteousness due to texting and e-mail?? Your thoughts, please.

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

Well you know me, I don't run for the phone - EVER. And I agree - if you're feeling cranky just let me leave a message

brenda k said...

I think "we" have become so protective of our "time" that we cannot even be bothered to stop and answer the phone. Not referring to myself here - because personally I LIKE to get the phone! But I have come to know that some people really think they are so "BUSY" that they cannot have precious time taken from them on any level. People like to say their "busy". But what is "busy" really? Busy is just a man made word and a self made state of affairs that is the act of getting all wigged out over trivialities! So I think people that are crabby when they answer the phone think they are too BUSY to be bothered. Nobody is that busy. Call me next time Ruthie!!!

Cheesecake Maven said...

Hey, I was on the way out the door for a very short weekend vacation, kids were in the car, I was expecting a call from hubby, we DON'T have caller I.D., so I HAD to answer the phone. Sorry I couldn't talk at that exact moment sis!