Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bike Riding Rocks!


Went for a nice ride today with my 8 year old. He has a no speed bike and he kicked my ass! He commented how good biking is for me and let me tell you, it was truly motivating.

I learned today that I do not need to go FAST-but just simply pedal and enjoy the scenic view go by.

Tomorrow is my 44th birthday-I think I will go for a nice long bike ride again. Maybe if I put enough miles in by July, I would be able to ride a little of Ragbrai? Mmm, did I just participate unknowingly in goal setting? Mwahahhahaha.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

I'm putting your card in the mail. Would you believe I got it, and a small gift, months ago but didn't mail it?? I'm so disorganized.

Wish I had a bike - a beach one, with upright handle bars.

Little Sister said...

Thanks, Sis.
If you are going to get a bike-get a 21 speed with a big comfy seat and upright bars. A beach one with the big handle bars is not that comfy for long rides AND they have no gears-totally suck on hills. I can pedal straight up hills in my granny gear-easier than walking the bike.