Monday, September 14, 2009

I love to Camp

I went camping this past weekend with some friends from Minnesota. We stayed at Wyolusing State Park, WI. It was jsut a perfect weekend for sitting around the fire and watching the stars pop out. In the mornings, the Mississippi River Valley and Wisconsin River Valley were both filled with fog. The ridge upon which we camped sat above it like Cloud City...just an amazing feeling of floating.

I am planning to go camping again this weekend. Hope the weather is just as beautiful.

And, by the way. I am just fine and feeling quite wonderful, today.

5 comments:

Mnmom said...

Where are you going?

Little Sister said...

Pikes Peak State PArk, McGegor, IA...

Little Sister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michaelg said...

I love that state park. I used to go to an event called The Earth Conclave there for many years. Gorgeous. Did you go up the bluff on the other side of the river to see the effigy mounds?

Little Sister said...

We hiked up to the mounds and then to the next peak of mounds and then onto Point Ann overlooking McGregor. All in all we hiked about 9 miles!!! My thighs were killing me two days later!