Friday, July 17, 2009

WOW, Time Does Fly!

I just had a wonderful evening with a few women friends. Sharing stories, drinking wine, validating each other, encouraging one another and drinking wine. I said goodnight to them all, put away the food, washed the dishes, and poured the last of a nice Cabernet into my glass. The temperature is a cool 65 plus degrees, there is no humidity and the skies are clear. I step out on to the deck, pull up a chair, tilt my head back to see the big dipper and WHAM! Toxic words come FLYING out of the window from the apartment next door.

Well, I have had a couple glasses of wine and am feeling OH so empowered by an evening with other moms that I march on over to the window and ask-gently, but firmly-for them to argue all they like, but try to keep the language in check-there is a little one sleeping and I do not want to him wake up to such language. The guy told me that they are having a private conversation to which I pointed out should stay private by shutting their window. He closed the window and that was that. I am so glad I asked for what I wanted...back to star gazing and getting almost cold tonight on the deck.-BONUS to watch the bats fly.

No comments: