Sunday, March 22, 2009

43 years

There is really nothing different to being 43 as there was to being 41 or 42 and I imagine that birthdays sort of glide by in your 40's...except for 45...45 seems different.

I slept in, awoke to a delicious latte, had pancakes made for me, played outside, laid down in the grass, and I took a nice long nap today on top of my freshly made bed. Today was a perfect birthday and I love being old enough to know this.

Today I was feeling like the woman I have always wanted to be and that was the best gift of all!!

6 comments:

Scott J. said...

You've always felt like the woman I wanted you to be, to me.

OK, that came out... not quite right.



Happy Birthday, Ruthie!

Mnmom said...

Congratulations Sis!
Turning 45 was nothin, I often forget exactly HOW old I am.

Missy said...

Happy birthday!

brenda k said...

Well, said Ruthie. I feel that way about my life right now and it is not even my birthday! It is a gift to realize how great your life really is.

Cheesecake Maven said...

45 wasn't any different than the rest of the 40s to me. Same as MnMom, sometimes when people ask how old I am, I truly have to think about it for a minute. All the same, and I still feel more like 30, but my butt won't let me lie about it.

Melinda June said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday. Happy birthday a few weeks late. Come to the city to celebrate?