Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ho Ho Ho


Gearing up for the holidays is never easy when you do not have money. However, I have found that lowering my expectations and truly enjoying the smallest most simplest things fills me up. For instance, this am, I watched the birds on the feeders for a full hour. Coffee in hand I watched as they lined up for a chance to stuff themselves. It reminds me of planes lined up on a tarmac waiting for their turn to take off.
The other part of the holidays that is hard is the week between Christmas and New Years. It is the week that my Mom died of an asthma attack. No matter how many years go by-12 this year-it feels raw and sad.
I will muddle through for the sake of my son. It is important for me to show him the delight in the season. Just this morning, around 6:30am, the clouds cleared enough to allow the full moon to shine down from the eastern sky. He and I stood in amazement at how incredibly bright it looked and talked about the lunar eclipse. I was able to show him with a bowl, a Clementine and a small round sucker why/how the lunar eclipse happens. He thinks I am the smartest person EVER and that in and of itself is the greatest gift I could hope for.
Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and any other I may have missed. Most of all, peace and joy and health to you and yours.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

Right back atcha babe. Those little moments are what make a good life grand. You are making memories and that's worth all the presents in the world.

Herry said...

Wooowww..., this is very nice, i like it

if u have time visit n follow my blog
herry-tan.blogspot.com.. thanks